- Author: Baed
- Date: July 10, 2021
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
Yesterday, Blizzard announced the initial set of changes from the first week of Normal and Heroic Sanctum of Domination raiding, with the main focus being on bringing up the underperforming specs, with a single nerf posted so far, for shadow priests, who are one of the highest performing ranged dps. With all three hunter specs, affliction warlock, and fire mage being some of the worst performing, as far as strict dps goes. The five specializations have consistently been on or near the bottom five DPS across the raid and are set to receive quite a few buffs to bring them up when the reset of July 13th goes live.
For Hunters, Beast Mastery is receiving a 15% buff to most of their abilities, Marksman a 10% damage buff to several damaging abilities and a 15% buff to kill shot, and Survival is receiving a 10% buff to almost all of their damaging abilities.
Fire Mages are receiving a 20% buff to Fireball, a 15% buff to Fire Blast, and a 5% buff to Pyroblast.
Affliction Warlocks are receiving a much broader buff, a 5% increase to the damage of ALL their spells.
The nerf to Shadow priest is an 8% nerf to Devouring Plague damage, as well as shaving 5% off the damage increase to Void Bolt from the Dissonant Echoes conduit.
With Season 2 now underway and Mythic Difficulty Sanctum of Domination opening with scheduled maintenance next week, we’re working on a tuning pass for a few Classes.
As always, these are subject to further change before they go live, and we’ll have the final adjustments in our hotfixes update next week.
- Beast Mastery
- Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot, Multi-Shot, and Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.
- Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot, and Rapid Fire damage increased by 10%.
- Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.
- Serpent Sting, Wildfire Bomb, Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, Flanking Strike, and Kill Shot damage increased by 10%.
- Fireball damage increased by 20%.
- Fire Blast damage increased by 15%.
- Pyroblast damage increased by 5%.
- Devouring Plague damage reduced by 8%.
- Dissonant Echoes’ (Conduit) Void Bolt damage reduced by 5%.
- Damage of all spells increased by 5%.