- Author: Spannah
- Date: August 12, 2022
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
While the patch 9.2.7 isn’t filled with new content, the few changes that it does bring may still end up having a major impact on the game. There are only 3 changes, and each of those are quality of life improvements:
- Region Wide Commodities: auction houses have always been specific to each sever, and while they will mostly remain untouched, the commodity listings (gems, herbs, flasks, etc.) will become region-wide. While this may not seem like much to some, players on lesser populated servers would sometimes have to pay 3 times more for a flask than a player on a high-population server.
- WoW Companion App Auction House: players will be able to buyout or bid on auctions, add items to a Favorites list, and view and cancel their auctions from their WoW Companion App on their phones. While players won’t be able to sell items through the app, this functionality may be added in the future.
- Trade (Services) Channel: a new Trade (Services) chat channel dedicated to the advertisement and search of boosting services will be added to the game, with the intent of keeping the regular Trade channel free of boosting advertisements. However it remains to be seen whether the boosters will end up flooding both the old and the new Trade channels, or if the boosting advertisements will be forbidden from the regular Trade channel.
For the full list of changes coming with patch 9.2.7 on August 16th, check out the update notes below.
The Shadowlands 9.2.7 update arrives to World of Warcraft on August 16!
AUCTION HOUSE UPDATE: REGION-WIDE COMMODITIES
- Auction Houses across all realms on a given region will now share commodity listings (gems, herbs, flasks, consumables, etc.). Items that aren’t commodities–like armor and weapons–will continue to be realm-specific.
THE AUCTION HOUSE JOINS THE WOW COMPANION APP
- Players can now do the following from the WoW Companion App:
- Browse and view current auctions
- Bid and buyout auctions
- Search for auctions
- Add and remove items from your Favorites list
- View and cancel your listed auctions
- Developers’ note: We are very pleased to be able to bring the Auction House back as a part of the WoW Companion App. The new app update provides a way for players to make purchases, view listings, and more. Due to our desire to provide an Auction House experience in a more immediate timeframe we have excluded listing items for sale. While we understand selling items is a much-loved part of the past feature from the previous Remote Auction House, we wanted to provide access to many of the features regularly used by players as quickly as we could with an eye on potential additions to the app in the future. We intend to make improvements as we evaluate player usage, risk, and the developmental load in implementing tech frameworks to support future updates. Learn more about this update on our latest post.
USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY
- A new chat channel for searching or advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities has been added: Trade (Services).
- Developers’ note: The trade channel that’s been in the game for 18 years will continue to exist, but we wanted to add a new channel to direct messages about the request and advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities. If you’re looking to buy or sell these kind of services, this is the channel for you! If you’re not interested in those, you can leave the channel and avoid the noise, or move it into its own chat tab. We believe that with this new distinction, you’ll be able to keep Trade chat for the traditional buying and selling of items and professions, and not other chatter.