- Author: Luxrah
- Date: November 17, 2023
- Updated: November 17, 2023
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
There have been a few hotfixes already for Patch 10.2 Guardians of the Dream, including a buff to Fyrakk the Blazing, the last boss of the new raid, Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope. But the biggest change is a new restriction to functions that allowed add-ons to check distance between players in combat.
This change was apparently intended to be included in Patch 10.2. It’s unclear why the change was made. It’s possible the feature was being exploited in some way that wasn’t originally intended when the add-ons first implemented it. Or perhaps Blizzard simply doesn’t want players to have access to this information, to make raid encounters more challenging.
If you’ve been playing long enough, you may recall when Blizzard first blocked addons from editing player nameplates inside instances. That capability has never returned.
The developers of major add-ons such as Deadly Boss Mods and WeakAuras have responded with some frustration to the surprise change, but have already updated their add-ons accordingly.
Here you’ll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to World of Warcraft: Dragonflight, Wrath of the Lich King Classic, Burning Crusade Classic and WoW Classic. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
November 16, 2023
- Fixed an issue that caused Essence Font to fire one more bolt than intended per second channeled.
- Developers’ notes: We’re aware of an issue that will cause Essence Font’s tooltip to display an incorrect channel rate after this fix. This will be addressed in a future update.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sanguine Blades damage from vulnerability damage increases on enemies to be unintentionally doubled.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Poisoned Edges (Aberrus 2-piece set bonus) damage from vulnerability damage increases on enemies to be unintentionally doubled.
Dungeons and Raids
- Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope
- Developers’ notes: Both player feedback and data have indicated that Heroic Fyrakk doesn’t pose as much of a challenge as we’d intended. We’d like Fyrakk to be a satisfying ending to Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope for the vast majority of players who have yet to encounter him, so we’re making a few adjustments to the overall difficulty of the encounter.
- Burning Scales damage increased by 40%.
- There is now an additional occurrence of Blaze during Stage Three.
- Blaze damage increased by 40%.
- Damage of colliding with a Swirling Firestorm increased by 60%.
- Dawn of the Infinite
- Resolved an issue that could cause Chromie to get stuck channeling on Blight of Galakrond during a Mythic Keystone run.
- Resolved an issue which could prevent Manifested Timeways from spawning.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Gift of Ursine Vengeance from stacking Rising Rage properly.
- Fixed an issue preventing Hearthstone of the Flame from being tradeable to other eligible party members.
- Rings and neck pieces from Throne of the Tides should now drop correctly for all classes.
- Restricted addon functions that allowed for in-combat distance checking between players.
- Developers’ notes: This change was intended to be implemented with the launch of the Guardians of the Dream patch, to avoid requiring that addon authors update their addons separately after the content is already being played. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience.