- Author: Furious
- Date: October 12, 2023
- Updated: October 20, 2023
- Expansion: Cataclysm
World of Warcraft’s Cataclysm expansion brings forth an array of changes and new features to the time-honored profession of Herbalism. Whether you’re a seasoned player looking to adapt your skills to the new environment or a newcomer eager to delve into the world of Azeroth’s rich and diverse flora, our guide is here to assist you. With the introduction of new herbs, upgrades to the Lifeblood ability, and changes to the gathering process, Cataclysm offers a refreshed and engaging experience to Herbalism enthusiasts.
Apprentice: 1 – 70
- Players below level 20 should simply collect herbs in their current questing zone.
- For these levels gather Peacebloom, Silverleaf, and Earthroot.
- You can also use our standalone Peacebloom & Silverleaf Farming Guide.
Journeyman: 70 – 150
- Horde players have an herbalism trainer in Tarren Mill, so feel free to train and stay to 160.
- You can also use our standalone Mageroyal, Briarthorn, Bruiseweed Farming Guide.
Expert: 150 – 230
- Herb List: Kingsblood, Fadeleaf, Khadgar’s Whisker, Goldthorn
- Western Plaguelands doesn’t contain any Goldthorn.
- Khadgar’s Whisker can’t be collected until 160.
- Make sure to train when you reach 200 in herbalism.
Artisan: 230 – 285
- Herb List: Sungrass
- Make sure to train your herbalism at 275.
- Khadgar’s Whisker will show up in EPL but is green.
- Thousand Needles is easier with a flying mount, otherwise it’s a mostly straight line going back and forth.
- You can also use our standalone Sungrass Farming Guide.
Master: 285 – 350
285 – 330
- Herb List: Golden Sansam, Sorrowmoss, Gromsblood, Dreamfoil, & Mountain Silversage
- You can level until 350 and skip Outland in Swamp of Sorrows or Blasted Lands.
330 – 350
- Herb List: Felweed, Dreamfoil, Dreaming Glory, Terocone
- If you choose to level in Hellfire Peninsula you can go until level 360.
- Flying helps significantly with gathering herbs in Outland.
Grand Master: 350 – 425
350 – 400
- Herb List: Goldclover, Tiger Lily
- Make sure to train your herbalism at 350.
- Tiger Lily can’t be collected until 375.
400 – 425
- Herb List: Adder’s Tongue, Goldclover, Tiger Lily
- If you choose to you can level until 450.
Illustrious: 425 – 525
425 – 475
- Herb List: Cinderbloom, Stormvine, Azshara’s Veil
- Make sure to train your herbalism at 425.
- Optionally you can also stay in Mount Hyjal until level 500.
475 – 500
- Herb List: Cinderbloom, Heartblossom
- Optionally you can also stay in Deepholm until level 525.
500 – 525
- Herb List: Whiptail