- Author: Shadostruct
- Date: November 29, 2022
- Updated: November 29, 2022
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
Don’t you have phones? Well, I hope you do, because the new WoW companion app just got a sweet redesign with some clamored-for features just in time for the launch of its latest expansion.
Auction house functionality has finally been added! Never again will you miss out on that hot deal for agility flasks while you’re grinding away at work. You’ll have the ability to view and search for current auctions, bid or buyout, cancel your own postings, and even add or remove from a favorites list. You may have noticed there was no mention of actually posting your own new listings, so sadly not everything is available on the go.
As for the rest of the new features, most of it focuses on Dragonflight and its new major factions as well as world quests (Once you’ve unlocked them on a character). There is a sneaky one in there, though, where you couldn’t previously send Warlords of Draenor followers on garrison missions through the app – which has now been remedied.
I’d also highly recommend it for the mobile guild-chat feature, which is a fun way to keep on top of the latest drama, jokes, or achievements your fellow guild members are doing while you’re touching some grass. Any more details can be seen below in the full blizzard write-up on the matter.
The Dragon Isles are awakening, and you can join in the exploration of this new land even when you’re not at your computer with the WoW Companion App. To stay on top of the latest events in Azeroth, you can download the free mobile app that lets players take World of Warcraft with you anywhere you go with multiple expansion support—including the Major Factions feature in Dragonflight.
With the updated WoW Companion App, you can choose the Warlords of Draenor, Legion, Battle for Azeroth, Shadowlands, or Dragonflight expansion from the menu to access the content you want on the go, view the latest World of Warcraft news, and set your favorite characters for quick access.
Note: To access each expansion’s content within the app, you’ll need to have first unlocked it within the game.
Plan and Manage Your Dragonflight Adventures
With the updated WoW Companion App, you can delve into your role as a member of one of four Major Factions.
- World Quests: View active World Quests available for your character and the available rewards from directly within the app, then plan your adventures for when you’re in game.
- Major Factions: View active Major Faction Quests and available rewards from directly within the app to help plan your exploits for when you’re in the game.
- Multiple Expansion Support: Access Warlords of Draenor, Legion, Battle for Azeroth, Shadowlands, and Dragonflight content right from your mobile device anywhere you go.
- WoW News: Stay on top of the latest news wherever you go.
- Examine Your Character: Inspect your character’s weapons, armor, and other character information. Keep tabs on their power and help plan which pieces of gear you want to go for next.
- WoW Community and Guild Chat: Stay in touch with your friends and guildmates wherever you go.
- Calendar: Manage your personal, community and guild events, as well as view upcoming holidays.
Stock up on the go with the Auction House. Here’s what you can do:
- Browse and view current auctions
- Bid and buyout auctions
- Search for auctions
- Add and remove items from your Favorites list
- View and cancel your listed auctions
- Start and Complete Adventures: View all Adventures available to your character, the associated rewards and set your Adventurers to undertake them.
- Manage Your Adventurers: View your Adventurers and their status before you send them on their next Adventure.
- View Callings Quests: View active Callings Quests and available rewards from directly within the app to help plan your exploits for when you’re in the game.
- Engage in World Quests: View active World Quests available for your character and the available rewards from directly within the app, then plan your adventures for when you’re in game.
- View and Research Cypher Talents: View Cypher Talents and available research from directly within the app to help you continue your adventure in Zereth Mortis.
Battle for Azeroth
- Track World Quests: View active World Quests, emissary bounties, and available rewards from directly within the app-then plan your adventures for when you’re in the game.
- Manage Your Missions: Send your champions and troops out on missions for your faction, all while you’re on the go. Collect rewards from completed missions, manage your champions, upgrade their gear, and recruit troops for future missions.
- Fuel the War Campaign: Conduct research to unlock upgrades and track the status of your War Talent Tree, maintaining the momentum of your in-game progress.
- Explore World Quests: View active World Quests available for your character and the available rewards from directly within the app, then plan your adventures for when you’re in game.
- Manage Followers: View your Followers and manage their equipment and upgrades.
- Train Recruits: Select the troops you’d like to train and send them on missions with your Followers.
- Start and Complete Missions: View all Missions available to your character, the associated rewards, and set your Followers and troops out to undertake them.
- Research Order Hall Upgrades: Upgrade your Order Hall Upgrades or change ones you’ve previously selected.
Warlords of Draenor
- Missions: View all Garrison Missions available to your character, the associated rewards, and set your Followers out to undertake them.
- Champions: View your Followers, their levels, gear, abilities, and more.
The updated WoW Companion App is available for upgrade from the Apple App Store and Google Play.