- Author: Astrael
- Date: January 12, 2023
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
In a recent Blue Post, we learned about some upcoming changes to loot distribution, including a hotfix for situations where players could win Need rolls on duplicate items within a single roll session. Kaivax clarified that this already works as intended for most items, but the upcoming hotfix will address Tier Tokens and weapons. According to the post, that hotfix should be in game later this week.
Among other announced game improvements, Patch 10.0.5 will bring even more adjustments to loot distribution. Fixes will be implemented for situations in which players would get less loot than anticipated based on the raid size, the ability for players to roll Need on Set Tokens without meeting certain conditions, and the ability to roll Need on profession recipes the player has already learned.
Finally, a fix is being implemented for the conditions to roll Need on 1H weapons (or 2H for Fury Warriors). This means that when rolling on a 1H weapon (2H if applicable), the game will first check if the player can dual-wield the weapon based on loot spec. If they can, but already have two versions of the weapon that are as powerful as the weapon being rolled for, they cannot roll Need on the new weapon.
Group loot in raids is still quite the debate, but hopefully the recent hotfixes and work being done on loot distribution means that 10.0.5 will bring us a more balanced system, leaving more players satisfied.
We have a hotfix coming to the game later this week. With this hotfix, we will have:
- Fixed some situations where players could win Need rolls on duplicate items in a single roll session when it should not have been possible.
This has already been working as intended for most items, but should now include items such as Tier Tokens and weapons.
Additionally, we’ve got some updates to loot distribution coming in 10.0.5–
- Fixed an issue where, in some rare cases, players would get less loot than they should have on certain Raid sizes.
- Fixed an issue where players could unconditionally roll Need on Set Tokens. The system will now check if the player owns the Token or the Set Piece itself at equal or greater power.
- Players can no longer roll Need on any Profession recipe that they have already learned.
- Players can no longer unconditionally roll Need on 1H weapons (or 2H for a Warrior in Fury loot spec).
For that last one, in 10.0.5, the system will now thoroughly identify if you can dual-wield the weapon in question, based on your loot spec. If you can, and you already have two versions of it at least as powerful as the item being rolled for, you can’t Need the item.