- Author: Spannah
- Date: September 30, 2022
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
With the recently announced release of the Dragonflight expansion, we now also have more details about its first Season of content that is set to release on December 12th. Unlike previous expansions, the first Season has several changes to the way it will function:
- Vault of the Incarnates (Raid): Normal, Heroic and Mythic difficulties will all be available with the release of Season 1. As for the Raid Finder, the first Wing will open on December 19th, with the Wings 2&3 releasing at a 2 week interval. Additionally, Cross-faction Mythic raids will be available with the raid’s release, with the only caveat being that guilds will need to have 16 out of 20 raiders being from the same faction and guild, to be eligible for the Hall of Fame.
- Mythic+: Items dropped on week 1 will not have their item level capped, the Necrotic and Inspiring affixes won’t be returning and Blizzard will be introducing a new affix instead. As for the dungeon rotation, only 4 Dragonflight dungeons will be available in the Mythic+ rotation for Season 1, as well as 2 Legion, 1 Warlords of Draenor and 1 Mists of Pandaria dungeon.
For more information about the Season 1 of Dragonflight, make sure to check out the official post below!
Dragonflight Season 1 goes live starting the week of December 12, bringing a new raid, an updated rotation of challenging Mythic+ dungeons, and a new PvP Season. Mark your calendars for the road ahead and get ready to take on all new challenges.
NEW RAID: VAULT OF THE INCARNATES
Vault of the Incarnates is the first raid players will experience in Dragonflight, featuring eight all-new boss encounters.
The Primalists breached the Titan prison used to hold the Incarnates for millennia. Within, Raszageth performs a foul ritual to unleash her siblings so together they can purge the world of the Titans’ influence. The champions of Azeroth must assault this impregnable fortress and break their defenses to end this threat. While many could fall, defeat condemns all the realms to the Incarnates’ reign of fire and blood.
RAID RELEASE SCHEDULE:
- Week of December 12: Normal, Heroic, and Mythic Vault of the Incarnates will open with the weekly maintenance for each region
- Week of December 19: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 1 opens
- Week of January 2: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 2 opens
- Week of January 16: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 3 opens
CROSS-FACTION MYTHIC AND HALL OF FAME ELIGIBILITY
Cross-faction Mythic Vault of the Incarnates will be available from the start. Hall of Fame entries will require at least 16 out of 20 raiders to be from the same guild and faction to be eligible for rewards. See this support article for more information.
NEW DUNGEON ROTATION
Dragonflight Season 1 will feature a new dungeon rotation for Mythic+. Four dungeons from Dragonflight are included, and four returning dungeons from previous expansions. Here’s the full lineup:
- Ruby Life Pools
- The Nokhud Offensive
- The Azure Vault
- Algeth’ar Academy
- Halls of Valor (from the Legion™ expansion)
- Court of Stars (from the Legion™ expansion)
- Shadowmoon Burial Grounds (from the Warlords of Draenor™ expansion)
- Temple of the Jade Serpent (from the Mists of Pandaria™ expansion)
Mythic+ and PvP Season 1 will also begin the week of December 12 with regional maintenance. For Dragonflight, the item level of rewards from completing Mythic+ runs will not be capped on the first week, as Mythic Vault of the Incarnates will open at the same time.
The Inspiration Catalyst, used to turn non-set pieces of the appropriate slot into a new set piece of the same item level, will be available later in Season 1.
MYTHIC+ DUNGEON AFFIXES
For Season 1, we’re introducing a new affix, but the Necrotic and Inspiring affixes won’t be making an appearance. More information on this new affix will be released at a later date.
A REWARDING NEW SEASON AHEAD
Dragonflight Season 1 will feature familiar exclusive rewards such as the Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge achievements for raids, Keystone Master achievements, rewards for Mythic+, and Gladiator rewards for PvP. Closer to the start of Season 1, we’ll share more information on seasonal rewards and how to obtain them.
HIC SUNT DRACONES—”HERE BE DRAGONS.”
The journey to the Dragon Isles is about to begin. We look forward to joining you in a new age of adventure in Dragonflight. See you in Azeroth!