Welcome to our beginner’s guide for casually playing a Discipline Priest healer in World of Warcraft. This guide is intended for players who prefer a less complex play style.
Talents & Builds
- Level 15: Schism
Attack the enemy’s soul with a surge of Shadow energy, dealing (150% of Spell power) Shadow damage and increasing your spell damage to the target by 25% for 9 sec.
- Level 25: Angelic Feather
Places a feather at the target location, granting the first ally to walk through it 40% increased movement speed for 5 sec. Only 3 feathers can be placed at one time.
- Level 30: Power Word: Solace
Strikes an enemy with heavenly power, dealing (80% of Spell power) Holy damage and restoring 1% of your maximum mana.
- Level 35: Shining Force
Creates a burst of light around a friendly target, knocking away nearby enemies and slowing their movement speed by 70% for 3 sec.
- Level 40: Sins of the Many
Your damage is increased by up to 12%, diminishing for each ally affected by your Atonement.
- Level 45: Purge the Wicked
Cleanses the target with fire, causing (22.3% of Spell power) Fire damage and an additional (124% of Spell power) Fire damage over 20 sec. Spreads to an additional nearby enemy when you cast Penance on the target.
- Level 50: Lenience
Atonement reduces damage taken by 3%.
- Critical Strike
- Apply Atonement with Power Word: Shield, Shadow Mend, and Power Word: Radiance
- Damage abilities:
- Minor cooldowns: Mindgames, Rapture
- Major cooldowns: Shadowfiend, Power Word: Barrier, Pain Suppression
- Keep Atonement up on Tank
- Apply Atonement with Power Word: Shield or Shadow Mend if a person needs healing or with Power Word: Radiance if the group needs healing
- Apply Purge the Wicked to all enemies
- Penance / Mind Blast / Power Word: Solace on cooldown
- If moderate damage is happening and the above is not enough, cast Mindgames and/or Rapture
- If heavy damage is happening and the above is not enough cast Shadowfiend, Power Word: Barrie and/or Pain Suppression
- If you don’t have any cooldowns up, rely on triage healing with Shadow Mend
Gems & Enchants
As of right now the best option is Haste gems.
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Fortified Leech
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Eternal Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Eternal Intellect
- Rings – Enchant Ring – Tenet of Haste
- Weapon – Enchant Weapon – Celestial Guidance
- Mindgames provides a high damage/pseudoabsorb ability on a low cooldown
- Door of Shadows helps with your low mobility as a disc priest
Here you can find a list of Potency Conduits in order of priority. Feel free to use whichever Endurance and Finesse conduits best suit your play style.
Shining Radiance – Power Word: Radiance’s healing is increased by 40.0%.
- Drops from the last boss in The Necrotic Wake, Nalthor the Rimebinder
- Lootable from Tribute rewards of Covenant Callings (Covenant Daily Quests).
Shattering Perceptions – Mindgames lasts an additional 2.0 sec, deals an additional 15.0% initial damage, and reverses an additional 15.0% damage or healing.
- Drops from multiple World Bosses:
- Nurgash Muckformed
- Oranomonos the Everbranching
The best overall legendary for casual Discipline Priests is The Penitent One.
Power Word: Radiance has a 60% chance to cause your next Penance to be free and fire 3 extra bolts.
Memory of the Penitent One is dropped in Torghast, Tower of the Damned in The Soulforges wing, Layers 3 and higher.
This legendary can be crafted for the feet slot or back slot, but the feet slot is preferred.