- Author: Kyrasis
- Date: February 12, 2021
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
The ability section list some extra details on how abilities work (not all of which are intuitive), but, other than that, the rest of the information is mostly review. So, feel free to skip to the other sections whenever you desire.
[Heart Strike] – This is our filler ability. It is our most rune-efficient generator of RP.
- Secondary targets hit are selected within a 10 yard 180 degree cone in front of your character.
- Hitting 4 targets with [Heart Strike] requires that you, personally, are standing in [Death and Decay].
- You cannot lose charges more than once every 2.5 seconds.
- Charges will not be consumed when getting hit by a melee attack *if* your actual health isn’t damaged (absorbs can protect charges).
- The haste granted by this ability is a multiplier.
- Outside of talent interactions and [Ossuary], the number of bone shield charges do not change the benefit of this buff.
- The cooldown of this ability is lowered with haste.
[Blood Plague] – A low-powered DoT effect with 100% leech. It is passively applied through [Blood Boil] and is a very minor source of damage and healing. Its most noticeable contribution is making it nearly impossible to crowd control enemies after they get within 15 yards of you.
- Unlike most DoTs in the game, this is not affected by haste.
[Death and Decay] – A ground-based DoT effect that provides moderate damage and allows [Heart Strike] to hit up to 4 additional targets instead of its usual 1 additional target. With [Grip of the Dead], this ability is also a strong short-duration AoE snare.
- Being able to hit 4 additional targets with [Heart Strike] requires that you, personally, are standing in the [Death and Decay] radius.
- Unlike most DoT’s in the game, this is not affected by haste.
- Environmental damage, such as damage taken from [Quaking] and [Grievous], does not count as damage taken for the healing of this ability.
- Damage that is considered friendly fire also does not contribute to the healing of this ability.
- The ghoul attacks whatever you are attacking and it won’t stop attacking a target unless a new target is damaged by you or its existing target dies.
- Even though it is not directly controllable, the ghoul auto-casts [Claw] and [Gnaw] (a low duration single target stun that can drive up stun diminishing returns on enemies).
- The healing does not scale with critical strike or versatility.
[Death’s Caress] – This is our ranged filler, it is a less rune-efficient generator of RP and is only really used to pull mobs or if melee attacks are not usable for a period of time.
[Death Coil] – A ranged RP spender that deals low damage or low situational healing for its cost.
- You can heal yourself with this ability for the duration of [Lichborne], though there’s no reason to if you can use [Death Strike] instead.
[Vampiric Blood] – This is our primary (indirect) damage reduction cooldown.
- When this buff activates, your current health increases by 30% of your maximum health.
- When this buff deactivates, your current health decreases by the original 30% maximum health that was gained to a minimum of 1 health.
[Anti-Magic Shell] – This is a low-cooldown magic absorb shield.
- For the duration of this buff, you will be immune to the application of many debuffs, but it will not remove debuffs if you had them before activating the buff.
- Up to 25 RP is generated as the shield absorbs magic damage. The RP generation potential is increased by anything that increases the size of your [Anti-Magic Shell] other than health, the potential RP generation increase is proportional to the percent increase in the [Anti-Magic Shell] size.
[Dancing Rune Weapon] – This is a parry-based defensive cooldown.
- The [Dancing Rune Weapon] copies casts of [Blood Boil], [Death Strike], [Death’s Caress], [Heart Strike], and [Marrowrend] at 33% effectiveness when they are used by the player.
- The [Dancing Rune Weapon] auto-attacks at 33% effectiveness on a separate swing timer.
- All damage dealt by the [Dancing Rune Weapon] counts as threat for the BDK.
- Any resources gained by the [Dancing Rune Weapon], itself, do nothing.
- During the duration, [Heart Strike] generates 5 extra RP and [Marrowrend] generates 3 additional stacks of [Bone Shield] for the player.
- Unlike our other defensive cooldowns, [Dancing Rune Weapon] is on the global cooldown.
- The parry gained by this ability is additive to your existing parry and is not subjected to diminishing returns.
[Icebound Fortitude] – This is our secondary (direct) damage reduction cooldown. It has a long cooldown, but has the added benefit of breaking stuns and providing stun immunity.
- This can be used while stunned, as long as you are not *also* silenced.
[Lichborne] – An ability that breaks charm, fear, and sleep effects and provides immunity to them along with some leech for the duration.
- This can be used while charmed, feared, or slept, as long as you are not *also* silenced.
[Rune Tap] – A short cooldown, low duration, and low-powered damage reduction ability that costs a rune.
[Anti-Magic Zone] – A ground-AoE magic damage reduction cooldown that affects our allies.
[Dark Command] – Standard taunt ability.
- You gain threat equal to the highest value on the target’s threat table (which can be yourself) and any threat you generate for the duration of the taunt debuff is increased by 400%.
- While a target is affected by a taunt debuff, it *cannot* melee attack anything other than the character who taunted it, even in situations where the character is out of range and it would normally attack the target with the next highest threat that is in range.
- If a target gets taunted five times without 15 seconds passing between any two taunt effects, that target will become immune to taunts for 15 seconds.
[Death Grip] – A secondary taunt ability that also pulls the target direction in front of you.
- This ability shares the same taunt and threat rules as [Dark Command].
- The target will not be moved if they are immune to knockbacks.
- This ability can be used to interrupt most casted abilities with the knockback effect.
- If the target is already standing in the exact destination location of a [Death Grip] cast, they will not be moved and any actions that would normally be interrupted by the movement effect will not be interrupted.
- This ability is on a 0.5 second global cooldown.
- Any unit, including yourself, can be the target of this ability.
- This ability is on the normal global cooldown.
[Mind Freeze] – Our default interrupt ability, but with more range than most melee interrupts.
[Chains of Ice] – A strong ranged single target snare that costs a rune.
[Asphyxiate] – A ranged single target stun.
- This ability can hit spell immune targets, but not physical immune targets.
[Raise Ally] – An instant cast combat resurrection ability.
- Unless you have leftover RP from combat, a critter around, or are a blood elf, you will be unable to build the RP needed to use this ability outside of combat.
[Control Undead] – This can turn some undead targets into our pet for a short period of time, which provides bonus damage, situationally useful abilities, and crowd control.
- M+ enemies lose their bonus health and damage from the key level when controlled. Still, it can be worth using for the damage if you can minimize the time lost from managing your pet.
- When an enemy dies *while* being controlled, they only give dungeon count if the enemy was damaged by the group before [Control Undead] was used and if your target has not left combat since the target was damaged by the group.
- Your auto-attacks on targets with [Blood Plague] have a 25% chance to proc [Crimson Scourge].
- This buff will NOT proc while a [Death and Decay] is currently active.
- The base RP generation will not occur when casting [Death and Decay] with [Crimson Scourge], since a rune is not consumed
- If you [Death Strike] while [Blood Shield] is already active, the duration is reset and the absorb values are combined.
- The maximum size of a [Blood Shield] is equal to the player’s health.
[Veteran of the Third War] – A baseline stat bonus for being in tank spec (a weaker version is applied for Unholy and Frost specializations).