Testing Availability and Fixes -- March 29
Mar 23, 2021
At this time, the Burning Crusade Beta is configured to allow testing of content up to level 64. In the days to come, we will increase that cap as we become ready to test further.
- PvP content is not available for testing at this time.
- The use of third-party addons is disabled.
We will update this thread as we change the configuration of the test environment.
Mar 25, 2021
With hotfixes that have gone to beta realms today, we have:
- Fixed a bug that caused players to experience disconnects while being stunned/rooted in the middle of a jump, strafe, or falling.
- Fixed a bug that caused experience gains to be incorrectly calculated.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect damage reduction from armor.
- Fixed a condition where the character select screen was too dark.
- Improved the F6 function for hovering over a creature and submitting a bug report.
Mar 29, 2021
Today’s update to the beta realms introduces a new level cap and bug fixes:
- The level cap has been increased to 68 (was 64).
Art and Visuals
- Fixed a variety of issues to lighting and fog effects.
- Outlands zones are currently missing some ground foliage and detail objects.
- Fixed an issue where male Trolls had an invalid skin color option.
- Fixed an issue with Crust Burster’s spell visuals.
- Fixed an issue with FelReaver’s movement animation.
- Fixed an issue where area-of-effect damage caps were not functioning properly.
- Teleport: Moonglade is no longer missing from the level 58 Druid character templates.
- The Hunter ability The Beast Within now functions properly.
- The Paladin ability Seal of Blood now properly performs its primary damage effect.
- The Paladin ability Pure of Heart now properly increases resistance to curses and diseases.
- The Priest ability Pain Suppression now properly increases resistance to Dispel mechanics.
- Shaman totem buffs are now displayed in the buff list.
- The Warrior talent Second Wind now triggers on Immobilize effects.
- Jewelcrafting - Cut gems now list their stat bonuses.
- Tailoring - Spellcloth now correctly requires the player to be in Netherstorm to craft.
- The tooltip for Filtered Draenic Water now displays the correct level 60 requirement to consume.
- Fixed an issue where thrown weapons were not losing durability when used.
- Fixed an issue where the cost of a few items sold by Haris Pilton were incorrect.
- The Preparation buff is now removed at the start of a Warsong Gulch match.
- Fixed an issue where players would be transported out immediately after accepting "Journey to Honor Hold.”
- Fixed an issue where Eye of the Citadel would spawn under the world during “Warlord of the Bleeding Hollow.”
- Guild charter signature requests are now delivered to the targeted player.
- Fixed an issue where the Bank UI is misaligned and there is an extra, unused column of bank slots present.
- Fixed an issue where items that have a class restriction will also incorrectly show a race restriction in the tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where the point-of-interest indicator flag would not appear on the World Map after asking a city guard for directions.
- Fixed an issue where quest objective updates and exploration messages were being displayed in red text.
- Some keys are being removed from the Key Ring and placed into available bag slots upon relogging.
Apr 1, 2021
Hello! Today’s hotfixes to the beta realms include:
- The use of third-party addons are now enabled.
- Fixed an issue where engaging certain dungeon bosses could sometimes cause the game client to crash.
- Fixed multiple issues with mana regeneration. The tooltips will be updated in a future patch.
Apr 6, 2021
With today’s build, which is now available, the Burning Crusade Beta now allows testing of all leveling content up to level 70. Additionally, we have enabled:
- The Eye of the Storm battlegroun
- Heroic dungeons
- Arena Skirmishes
Please note that ranked/rated PvP is disabled for testing.
Apr 26, 2021
On the Badge of Justice Beta realm, we’ve updated character templates in the latest build.
Specifically, we’ve fixed some gear inconsistencies, brought template characters up to max reputations, and added things like multiple max-level pets for hunters.
Please create a new test character to test with these changes.
May 4, 2021
Later this morning, we’re enabling rated Arena testing in the Burning Crusade Beta. Please leave your feedback on it in the dedicated feedback thread after you’ve tested it.
We’re also enabling world bosses. Please note that once Kazzak and Doomroller are killed in the Beta, they will respawn on their natural random timers, and should not be expected to respawn at the same time later in the week.