Season of Mastery Patch 1.14.3 Development Notes - 3/17/22
Mar 17, 2022
Welcome to the 1.14.3 PTR for WoW Classic Season of Mastery!
The unspeakable evil that resides at the heart of the Ahn’Qiraj is still slumbering,* gathering all of its horrifying strength while events unfold above. It is whispered by cultists of the Twilight’s Hammer that when their god is unleashed it will have been restored to its full and terrible glory. The prophets of the old gods scoff at the threat posed by the invading heroes of the Might of Kalimdor, assured that overcoming their master’s true form will require a “mathematically impossible” level of determination and skill, far beyond the feeble limits of mere mortals’ bodies and minds.
- The Temple of Ahn’Qiraj is available for testing.
- The Prophet Skeram encounter has seen multiple adjustments for Season of Mastery.
- Players who gain access to the entrance to the lower levels of Ahn’Qiraj will encounter the “Prophecy of Chaos” and through it, discover additional challenges.
- Players with sufficient reputation levels with the Brood of Nozdormu may read from its eldritch writings to add new dangers to the encounters found deeper within the temple… in exchange for ever greater rewards.
- Please note that the increased rewards are not yet hooked up on the Season of Mastery PTR.
- All newly-created template characters have been updated with Blackwing Lair loot and are exalted with the Brood of Nozdormu for testing purposes.
*The final encounter of the Temple of Ahn’Qiraj will not be available on the PTR.
If you are planning to organize a raid on the Season of Mastery PTR, we’d encourage you to email [email protected] with your raid schedule. We would love to hop onto the PTR and observe your progress if we can.
Mar 17, 2022
Great question! There were some adjustments to the war effort to make it progress faster. We’ll have more info to share on that as we get closer to releasing the patch, but in general you can expect to progress through the war effort significantly faster in Season of Mastery.
Mar 28, 2022
We’ve just updated the Season of Mastery PTR to a new build 42926 and the realms should be available shortly.
Temple of Ahn’Qiraj
- The damage dealt by the Prophet Skeram and its clones’ Lightning Bolt ability has been increased.
- There have been numerous adjustments to the Prophecy of Chaos effects in the Temple of Ahn’Qiraj:
- Tentacles now briefly telegraph their appearance on the ground before spawning.
- Shadowy Orbs now spawn when a tentacle is destroyed. Are you brave enough to touch them and discover their secrets?
- Please note that the Shadowy Orbs and their related effects are very much a work in progress and will see additional changes and fixes in future PTR builds.
- Fixed some issues that caused the extra Prophecy of Chaos effects to not clean up properly when encounters ended.
Additionally, we’ve made some adjustments to the AQ40 Character Templates and Cap’n Placeholder’s vendor list on the PTR:
- Newly Created character templates now have Engineering trained to max level.
- Please note that existing templates will not have Engineering fully leveled up. You’ll need to create a new template character in today’s build if you wish to use engineering.
- Cap’n Placeholder now sells Goblin Sapper Charges and various consumables used to remove poison effects.
Apr 5, 2022
We’ve just updated the Season of Mastery PTR again to a new build 43086 and the realms are available now for testing.
Temple of Ahn’Qiraj
- Prophecy of Chaos effects have had several adjustments and bug fixes:
- Shadowy Orbs that spawn when tentacles spawn now have a slightly longer travel time before landing.
- Shadowy Orbs should be more responsive and be easier to pick up when touched.
- There are additional consequences for stacking the Essence of C’thun debuff gained from Shadowy Orbs too high.
- Resolved an issue where tentacle illusions would appear for a brief moment to all nearby players when spawning.
- Each boss will now have a chance to drop additional loot, scaling upwards depending on which Prophecy your raid has selected.
- The Fankriss the Unyielding encounter has seen multiple baseline adjustments.
- Developer’s Note: This encounter has not seen a ton of mechanical changes but players should now find that they will need to engage the existing mechanics in a much more meaningful way. Even in Original World of Warcraft and WoW Classic, this encounter always felt like it was a step down in difficulty relative to everything else in the Temple of Ahn’Qiraj, and the nature of these changes should make even the base version of the encounter feel more dangerous in Season of Mastery.
- Fixed a PTR-specific bug that sometimes caused raid instances to occasionally become inaccessible with a “This raid is not yet available” error.
Apr 8, 2022
We’ve just updated the Season of Mastery PTR again to a new build 43154 and the realms are available now for testing.
- We’ve made adjustments to certain professions and the availability of many crafting materials:
- Removed the level 60 requirement for alchemists to proc additional items from successful crafts. Level 300 Alchemy is still required to see procs, however.
- Removed the level 60 requirement for Herbalists to receive black lotus from high-level herb spawns.
- Successful crafts of Arcanite Bars, Mooncloth, and Cured Rugged hide will now proc additional bars, cloth, or hides, respectively.
- Made significant adjustments to the respawn times of almost all herbalism nodes. In many cases the minimum and maximum respawn times have been reduced by half, or more. This is in addition to the respawn timer changes made in earlier content phases of Season of Mastery.
- Thanks to improvements in fishing line technology across Azeroth, it is now possible to receive multiple Firefin Snapper, Oily Blackmouth, and Stonescale Eel fish from a single successful fishing attempt.
- Increased the amount of Elemental Water, Earth, and Fire from relevant herbalism and mining nodes.
- Added a chance for more than one Demonic Rune to drop at once from creatures that would normally drop Demonic Runes such as Satyrs.
- Greatly increased the availability of Scarabs, Idols, and Coffer Keys in both the Ruins and Temple of Ahn’Qiraj.
- Greatly increased the availability of Bijous and Coins from all sources in Zul’Gurub.
- Hakkar will also now drop a cache of Bijous when killed.
May 2, 2022
Just wanted to provide a quick update and confirm that we have closed down AQ40 on the PTR. We really appreciate the time everyone has spent over the past several weeks testing the raid and we’ve gathered a lot of great data and feedback. Thanks so much for your participation in this round of PTR testing, and we are looking forward to everyone digging into this content soon on live realms!