- Author: Furious
- Date: February 4, 2021
- Expansion: WoW Classic
Blizzard has made some changes on the PTR for WoW Classic as posted by Kaivax today on the official forums.
First of all to allow Paladins to continue to use “seal twisting” they’ve added a buffer. With the reduction in spell batching they announced this otherwise would have no longer been possible.
They also made various changes to items as well as small adjustments to Naxxramas.
We’ve made the following additional bugfixes and changes to the 1.13.7 PTR.
- Paladin seals will now persist on the Paladin for a very short time after they’re replaced by a different seal.
- Developers’ notes: The concept of “seal twisting” was only possible due to spell batching. With a greatly reduced batch size, we’re adding a slight buffer when you swap seals to allow you to proc two in the same swing. This was not an intended interaction in Original WoW, but it’s a fun quirk of WoW Classic gameplay, and we want to allow Paladins to retain the ability to do this. Please let us know how this compares on the PTR to how seal twisting currently works on live realms.
- Mark of the Champion, Rune of the Dawn, and Seal of the Dawn’s benefits are now marked as “passive” auras and will no longer count towards the player buff cap.
- Resolved an issue that caused some summoned guardians, such as the Arcanite Dragonling and Vanquished Tentacle of C’thun, to become stuck on defensive AI and fail to attack enemies.
- Shadow Oil and Frost Oil can now proc while the player is on the Global Cooldown.
- Developers’ note: Shadow Oil is still bound by an internal cooldown however, and this is intended.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Barov Peasant Caller trinket to only spawn 1 Peasant.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Brimstone Staff and Rhok’delar, Longbow of Ancient Keepers to not properly animate in-game.
- Resolved several issues with the Eye of the Dead trinket:
- Spells such as Chain Heal and Prayer of Healing now only consume a single charge.
- Heal-Over-Time spells now properly consume a charge when used.
- Fixed a few places in the Heigan the Unclean encounter area where Plague Waves overlap and cause double damage.
- The range of Heigan the Unclean’s Mana Burn ability is now slightly longer if Heigan is being Tanked on his platform during phase 1 of the encounter.