- Author: Pride
- Date: March 3, 2022
- Expansion: WoW Classic
In a post on the official forums, Kaivax announced that Blizzard will be changing how Hakkar’s loot works when Zul’Gurub finally becomes available to players on the Season of Mastery servers on March 3.
Specifically, 2 changes will be made:
- Hakkar will always drop a Primal Hakkari idol, needed for the class-specific Zul’Gurub head and leg enchants
- Hakkar will also drop bonus loot if his High Priests are still alive, commonly called Hakkar’s “hard mode” by players. Specifically, he will drop 1 bonus item per High Priest who is still alive, which may even include the coveted Swift Zulian Tiger or Swift Razzashi Raptor mounts
These changes will make doing Hakkar “hard mode” have a point beyond bragging rights, and the guaranteed Primal Hakkari Idol will certainly help people get their enchants quicker and more reliably, which will no doubt be invaluable in the faster world of Season of Mastery.
It seems that Blizzard is committed to improving quality of life for Season of Mastery players, so here is hoping more changes like this follow!
What your thoughts on this topic? Are you looking forward to taking on Hakkar on March 3? Are you more inclined to try out his hard mode now that it confers bonus loot? Let us know in the comments below!
When Zul’Gurub opens on March 3 at 3:00 p.m. PST, a new challenge awaits you. Hakkar the Soulflayer will now offer bonus loot.
First, players will now always receive a Primal Hakkari Idol when Hakkar is defeated. In addition to the Idol, extra pieces of gear will drop when Hakkar is defeated, and Priests or Priestesses are still alive:
- When you leave a specific Priest or Priestess alive and defeat Hakkar, then there is a guaranteed chance that a piece of rare or epic loot from that boss will drop from Hakkar.
- Example: If you kill Hakkar and High Priestess Arlokk is still alive, you’ll get a guaranteed piece of Arlokk’s loot from from Hakkar, such as Will of Arlokk or Panther Hide Sack.
- Example: If you kill Hakkar and both Venoxis and Thekal are still alive, you’ll get two additional pieces of loot, one from each boss, such as Fang of Venoxis and even the Swift Zulian Tiger.
This gives you an additional chance at a specific Priest or Priestess’s loot during your raid lockout. All you’ll need to do is kill Hakkar before killing that specific Priest or Priestess.
Invaders encroach upon holy ground! The Altar of Blood must be protected!