RealMobHealth is the best option for players to see HP for enemy mobs. This addon records damage taken by a mob which is used to estimate its max health when in combat and stores it for better accuracy in the future.
RealMobHealth also broadcasts discovered health to others using the addon and can query them for unknown mobs.
Removes selected UnitID from stored health values. This defaults to target if not specified. (Does not effect received peer data)
Clears all recorded health data. (Does not effect received peer data)
- Drunkenness lowers the perceived level of a mob, this will confuse the addon if used while your character is drunk.
- Recorded damage may not clear if an untargeted mob in CombatLog range resets and is re-engaged.
- Due to the impreciseness of UnitHealth(), damage recording only starts once a hit brings a mob down to 99% or below.
- To mitigate this, there are a few seconds between when damage recording starts and when reset detection is allowed to run.
- Race conditions exist in the CombatLog which may cause the addon to occasionally miss damage events at the beginning or end of a fight.
- Examples: CombatLog events firing after a UNIT_DEATH occurs and UnitHealth() not updating in time when a fight starts.
- Mobs killed by NPCs like faction guards sometimes don’t send overkill data in the CombatLog. This causes unusually high health to be recorded.
- See the included APIDoc.txt if you wish to add support to your addon or UI.
- Due to technical limitations with SavedVars, RealMobHealth cannot be made embeddable.
- Be sure to add RealMobHealth in the OptionalDeps tag of your ToC.
If you wish to advertise RealMobHealth support in your addon or UI, include a link pointing to this page for download. Attempting to include it in your own download may cause versioning issues. LibStub only fixes this for embedded addons. Again, RealMobHealth isn’t embeddable and can’t be made so.
I’m open to questions and suggestions. Feel free to message me here or post in the comments.
I’m also available for support on the WoWUIDev Discord, @mention me or send a DM.