- Author: Passion
- Date: November 21, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
A new update has been pushed to the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Public Test Realm, adding Titan Rune Dungeons. Titan Rune Dungeons are what we have been calling Heroic+ until now, a new difficulty level for Heroic dungeons providing “new” loot.
Specifically, the loot provided by Titan Rune Dungeons is gear that was previously dropped in 10-player Naxxramas, Eye of Eternity, and Obsidian Sanctum. This drastically increases the loot tables for 5-man dungeons while also giving players a catchup mechanic of sorts.
This difficulty is activated by having five group members activate the new Mysterious Titanic Relic at the start of dungeons. This means that you will be required to at least start the run with five players, even if you intend on clearing with fewer.
The PTR notably has wiped all previous characters and does not offer character copies. You can still create a template character at level 80. The idea behind this is to see how the difficulty feels in the lower end of gearing so that it can be tuned appropriately.
These dungeons are still functionally Heroic dungeons, meaning that you will only be able to do each one only once per day.
Additionally, the first phase of the Argent Tournament is available on the PTR for those interested in checking that out. In the coming weeks, Ulduar will also open for raid testing.
For the full PTR notes see below
Welcome to the Wrath Classic patch 3.4.1 PTR!
November 21, 2022
Titan Rune Dungeons
- Titan Rune Dungeons have been added to Wrath of the Lich King Classic and are now available for testing.
- To access this feature, enter any level 80 heroic dungeon and interact with the Mysterious Titanic Relic floating near the entrance.
- All five members of your group channeling the Relic will cause all enemies in the dungeon to gain additional health and damage, as well as additional effects, depending on the dungeon.
- Gear that formerly dropped in Normal 10-player versions of Naxxramas, Eye of Eternity, and The Obsidian Sanctum can now drop from dungeon bosses when they’re under the effects of the Mysterious Titanic Relic.
- Please use this thread for Feedback on Titan Rune Dungeons 22.
- In order to facilitate testing of Titan Rune Dungeons, we’ve wiped the PTR of all existing characters, and we’ve disabled the character copy function.
- Our intent is to do our initial round of testing with less-geared characters. We’re specifically looking for feedback around how these dungeons feel in mostly blue/heroic gear.
- Please use the starter templates and gear vendors to set up a fresh character for these tests.
- Ulduar testing is coming soon.
- Please note that Naxxramas, Eye of Eternity, and The Obsidian Sanctum are not available on the PTR at this time.
Argent Tournament Grounds
- The first Phase of the Argent Tournament Grounds area in northeastern Icecrown is now available for testing.
- In this initial phase of the Argent Tournament event, the Crusader’s Coliseum is still under construction and the Argent Tournament Grounds are available as a daily quest hub.
In the coming weeks we’ll re-open character copy, and we’ll test Ulduar in its “pre-nerf” state. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates as we unlock additional content on the Wrath Classic PTR for testing.