- Author: Qxu
- Date: July 3, 2021
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Single Target Rotation
Shadow Priests have a priority list rather than a rotation. A single target fight consists of a basic opener followed by a priority list of debuff that you need to keep up on the the target and it goes as following
Prior to T10 4/5 Set bonus:
Here, Mind Blast > Mind Flay DPS wise
Vampiric Touch → Mind Blast → Devouring Plague → Mind Flay → Shadow Word: Pain
N.B: Never Cast Shadow Word: Pain before Shadow Weaving stacking up to 5 stacks (every spell you cast gives you one stack of Shadow Weaving and Mind Flay gives you 3 stacks on its own
- Group of high health pool : Vampiric Touch → Devouring Plague → Mind Sear
- Group of low health pool : Mind Sear
- Priests in general have little to no mobility other than Nitro Boosts if you have Engineering which you should have for this particular reason so position is key for priests and for shadow priests especially if you want to maintain your DPS
- Dispersion is one of the best defensive cooldowns that any caster wishes to have. If timed correctly you can skip wipe mechanics with a single click and the cooldown is really short for how powerful this ability is.
- Even if you’re playing as DPS, in the end you’re a priest so you need to keep a properly managed raid frame and you should always be ready to use on of your utilities if needed
- In a boss fight that requires a lot of movements, you can add Shadow Word: Death to your arsenal and you can keep refreshing Devouring Plague on that matter due to the fact that it has an initial damage.
- Having an Off spec ready to when needed can be the difference between progressing a hard boss and being stack for hours on the same boss so you should always consider have a secondary spec to switch to if ever needed