- Author: Pride
- Date: December 17, 2021
- Expansion: TBC Classic
Blizzard appears to be set on their phase 3 testing strategy of making the tier 6 raids available for limited time periods. Kaivax announced that the PTR is once again up for the players to test the new raids, starting this very moment and lasting until Monday 3 pm EST for NA servers and 9 pm CET for EU servers.
A number of bug-fixes regarding the raids are documented, but more importantly, Kaivax states that there have been significant changes to Blizzard’s back-end systems, which affects all data transferred between players (the client) and the game servers. For that reason, he is urging players to pay close attention to any strange or abnormal behavior that occurs when interacting with creatures, objects, spells etc., and report such issues with the in-game bug report feature, which is bound to the F6 key by default.
This is likely to be one of the last PTR weekends, so if you’re interested in checking out the new content before it is released (our best guess being sometime in mid January) then you may want to do so now.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Have you tried the new raids on the PTR, or are you trying not to let them get spoiled before their eventual release? Let us know in the comments below!
- Black Temple and the Battle for Mount Hyjal are again available for testing. This week’s raid test will run through the weekend and the PTR will be shut down on Monday at Noon PST (3:00 p.m. EST).
- There have been significant changes to backend systems that affect how data is exchanged between the client and the server in this week’s PTR build. Issues arising from this update can manifest in myriad ways, and we encourage all players participating in this week’s PTR raid testing to use the in-game bug reporter (default hotkey: F6) to report any strange or abnormal behavior that is noticed when interacting with creatures in the game world, objects in the game world, your character and its abilities, your inventory, or any other game system.
- Fixed an issue in the Reliquary of Souls encounter where the Essence of Suffering will not always properly apply the Aura of Suffering.
- Fixed an issue where Alliance NPCs path incorrectly and do not assist in combat in the Battle for Mount Hyjal
- Fixed an issue in the Teron Gorefiend encounter where players were unable to die while afflicted by the Shadow of Death debuff.
- Fixed an issue where Parasitic Shadowfiend adds would not properly despawn after the Illidan Stormage encounter ends.