- Author: Taladril
- Date: April 15, 2021
- Expansion: TBC Classic
We have some great clarification and interesting #changes included in the new beta patch notes. See below for the direct list.
Attunements and Drops
This has been clarified that it will be exactly like early TBC. Karazhan attunement requires The Master’s Key and heroic keys require revered. Later on as was previously in TBC these requirements will be eased. Kara will be open to all and the keys will only require honored. They will also allow for completion of required attunements before the phase comes out so players will be able to jump right into the next raid tier without delay.
Dungeons and raids will be released in prenerf states. As later phases come along these will be adjusted again as it was historically. No world buffs will be allowed inside instances except for Classic world buffs, however these buffs have a level cap of 63 so their use will be effectively useless as well. This means that TBC will be fully non world buff – a relief to be sure.
Badges of Justice, Nether Vortex and Primal Nether will also be modified. Badge of Justice will not drop in raids until later phases but they will be available with dailies from the beginning. Primal Nether and Nether Vortex will initially be BoP from world bosses.
Professions and Items
- Ring enchants and Jewelcrafting gems that are specific to the profession will require the profession to gain the benefit. This is a big change to the planned meta as before you could powerlevel these professions just to get the benefit, remove the profession and pick up something else. These professions will now lock you into a role more and require the player to make a meaningful choice on the professions they have.
- Vendors will allow access to recipes as phases progress. For example, the Design: Swift Skyfire Diamond will not initially be available.
- Weapons that were Main-hand and later in TBC changed to one-hand will start out as Main-hand and will change with later phases as occurred in the past.
- Engineering goggles will be available with Tier 5.
- WoW TCG items will not be obtainable in game at all. The NPC will still exist and may be used for something else, however he will not sell these items.
- Profession dailies will be available from day 1 as they do not meaningfully affect player power.
Raid testing in the Burning Crusade Classic Beta is now underway, and we’ve received many answerable inquiries on every aspect of the game. What follows is an outline of the answers to many common questions about the Beta, which we will update as necessary over the coming weeks.
- Attunements will function as they did when originally released.
- Original questlines will be required to enter each instance and purchasing Heroic dungeon keys will require Revered reputation.
- These attunement requirements will relax as the game progresses through its content phases.
- For example, Karazhan should initially require attunement, but will no longer require attunement at a later phase. Thereafter, a group should still need the Master’s Key to open the gate.
- Dungeon keys should be relaxed to require Honored reputation at a later phase.
- Throughout Burning Crusade Classic, we plan to make it so that progress on forthcoming raid attunements can be made before the opening of the raid the attunement is for.
- For example, you should be able to start the Black Temple attunement for killing A’lar once The Eye is open, which will be before Black Temple is open.
Dungeons and Raids
- Original health and damage values will be used. These, as well as some mechanical changes, will then be adjusted in future phases. The original state for raids will persist throughout the phase during which it is current content. With the release of the next phase, adjustments will be made as they were in original Burning Crusade.
- Exceptions will be considered. We’re looking forward to your feedback on adjustments during the testing of future PTRs.
- Buffs acquired from creatures and quests across Outland are purged upon entering an instance.
- This does not apply to world buffs from the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. Those auras cannot be obtained by player-characters above level 63.
- Ritual of Summoning will not work inside instances or Netherstorm.
- Badges of Justice will not drop in raids until a later phase, however, Badge of Justice dailies will be available in all phases.
- Developers’ notes: While these were both changes made late in original Burning Crusade, we feel that dailies provide healthy gameplay in encouraging dungeon variety, without significantly impacting gear acquisition.
- Primal Nether, Nether Vortex, and World boss items from Doomwalker and Doom Lord Kazzak will initially be Bind-on-Pickup, as they were in original Burning Crusade, and should be updated in a later phase.
- Primal Nether and Nether Vortex will become available from the Badge of Justice vendor at a later phase.
- Outland faction vendors will initially sell the items that they originally sold, and their offerings will update as content unlocks.
- Examples: the Swift Skyfire Diamond gem recipe from the Consortium, the Mysterious ammo from Karazhan, and PvP gear from all factions.
- Ring enchants and Jewelcrafting-specific gems now have a profession requirement to benefit from them.
- Developers’ notes: The design intent for these perks were a player power reward for having that profession, and the fact that they continued to function after unlearning that profession was a technical limitation in original Burning Crusade.
- Weapons that were changed from Main-Hand-only to One-Handed late in original Burning Crusade will be restored to their original version in Burning Crusade Classic, and should be updated in a later phase.
- Developers’ notes: Changing these to One-Handed was a very late change in original Burning Crusade that would have a notable impact on player power.
- Epic engineering goggles will become available from trainers with the Tier 5 phase.
- Haris Pilton, Zephyr, and Cooking and Fishing dailies will be available from the beginning, as they do not directly or largely impact player power.
- Landro Longshot will not offer WoW Trading Card Game code redemption.
- Developers’ notes: We don’t intend for the Burning Crusade Classic to make duplicate use of WoW TCG codes, nor do we want players who have unredeemed codes to choose between games for redemption. Landro Longshot may be repurposed in Burning Crusade Classic for a different use, but that will not be related to the WoW TCG.
Please feel free to post your feedback on any part of the Burning Crusade Classic Beta here in this forum. We greatly appreciate it!